CONTINUING EDUCATION WEBINARS
Healthcare Academy invites you to attend our free CE webinars! The following information gives details on how to register and obtain continuing education credit with our past, current, and upcoming webinars.
Robert Sonntag, MD
Assessment and Management of Pain
When: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Time: 1 PM CST
Contact hour(s): 1.0
Assessment and management of pain continues to be part of quality improvement initiatives in long term care settings. Research stresses the importance for healthcare professionals to have ongoing education about assessing and managing pain. This educational activity helps the learner increase their knowledge about the different types of pain, the components of pain management, barriers to effective pain management and principles of opioid therapy.
Nurses and Nursing Home Administrators in the long-term care setting and other interested nurses.
At the completion of this educational activity, the learner will be able to self-report a knowledge gain about assessing and managing pain using a likert scale.
At the completion of this educational activity, the learner will be able to:
1. Identify two (2) types of pain.
2. State two (2) principles of drug management of pain.
3. Name two (2) ways to manage common pain situation.
Robert Sonntag, MD
Dr. Sonntag is well-known to practitioners in Minnesota. He has made it his mission to help nurses and other health professionals in long term care to learn new skills to improve the care of the elderly.
He offers a unique approach, sharing his clinical experience and expertise, and anecdotes that make his presentations memorable and useful. As one of the first certified Medical Directors in Minnesota, Dr. Sonntag is the Medical Director for 8 nursing facilities in Minneapolis. In his medical director role, his primary purpose is to educate others and as a result, provide better care to those in long term care. He is also certified in the following: internal medicine, geriatrics, hospice and palliative care.
The evaluation form will be available to view and access as the following:
– The closing of the webinar will launch a pop-up window on your screen with a link titled “Evaluation Form“. Select to access, fill, and submit.
– A 1-hour follow-up email will be sent to all attendees with a link titled “Evaluation Form“. Select to access, fill, and submit. Please not to check all email folders for the follow-up email.
Note: If you attend the webinar in a group setting and/or on a different join link, you will NOT receive an evaluation form. If you wish to receive CE, you must complete an evaluation. For further instruction, please contact Kaitlyn Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Licensed Nurses and Nursing Home Administrators will receive 1.0 hour of continuing education credit after they successfully attend the full one-hour presentation and have completed a post-presentation evaluation.
Certificate of Participation will be sent via email 1-3 business days from Healthcare Academy.
Please contact Healthcare Academy’s Marketing Manager Kaitlyn Braun at email@example.com if you haven’t received your certificate within this time frame.
Webinar recordings are available the following Monday from the presentation date.
- Healthcare Academy subscribers will be able to access the recording via their HCA login on the healthcareacademy.com. HCA Administrators will be able to assign out.
- Non-Healthcare Academy subscribers who wish to have access to the recordings, please contact Kaitlyn Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org. For those viewing via healthcareacademy.com must complete the HCA evaluation in order to receive CE.
Recordings Available Now
- Antibiotic Stewardship – Where We Stand Today
- Assessment and Management Pain
- Behavior Management in Dementia
- PDPM Is Here, Are You Ready?
- State Operations Manual – NEW and Revised Regulations for Long Term Care
- Understanding the CMS 5 Star Report
- Unnecessary Medications
- Urinary Tract Infections: Practical Diagnosis and Management