1. Evaluator accesses student(s) competency checklists on CompQ, using a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop PC;
2. Evaluator observes demonstration of the skill or procedure;
3. If the student performs the skill incorrectly, remediation can occur by viewing an online video;
4. Student repeats the skill or procedure;
5. If performed correctly, evaluator documents successful skill completion in CompQ.
CompQ: Competency Documentation Made Easy
Online Competency Assessment and Documentation
The CMS Requirements of Participation (RoP)require long-term care facilities to document staff competency. CompQ has been developed by industry thought leadership using evidence-based practices.It replaces paper-based systems and provides competency assessment, skills remediation, and documentation in one online system. CompQ can help efficiently identify, assess, correct, and document a wide range of skills required for care teams to demonstrate competency under F-Tag 726 Competent Nursing Staff (483.35 Nursing Services).
CompQ can be used in a variety of ways (as part of skills fairs, at the bedside, during orientation and as a tool for corrective action) using a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop PC to rapidly assess and document competency requirements in real time.
Each staff member for competency in a specific skill or procedure
On-the-spot skills review or remediation to correct deficiencies in practice using concise, targeted online videos and modules
Documentation and reporting of staff competency, real-time